Thursday, July 21, 2011

My jaw is slightly crooked?

Alright. I'm 15, and recently i've noticed that my mandible is sort of 'crooked'. On my right side, it's less defined. On the left, it's perfectly defined. Therefore, if I look in the mirror for a period of time, I can really notice the slanting of my face. It is in fact the bone that is causing it to be this way, because both sides of my face are the same size, muscle wise. My mom said that when I was a baby, I would sleep on the right side of my face most of the time, so that could be the cause of this. I also STILL sleep on the right side more. I'm not real worried about it because it is not noticeable to other people (Besides myself) unless they really examine my face, and even then, they barely notice it. So i'm not planning to get surgery to fix it. Reason being, it's not painful or noticeable to others. I am just wondering if it can cause damage as I age? Are there any older people with this problem? And if yes, do you have any problems with it? Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment